Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Episode 29: Braves, Bats, and Balls

Sadly, my gaming streak has run dry for a bit. I've been staying so busy with work and birthday festivities that I haven't played ANYTHING in a week or more. I don't count apps on my phone as "gaming" but next week I should have time to dive back in.

First on the list of new games this week is Brave: The Video Game coming to Xbox360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS, and DS. This is based off the movie (and I NEVER have high hopes for a movie video game). The archery mini-game is Kinect and Playstation Move compatible.



The only other mass release this week is LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes coming to Xbox360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS, and DS. Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Green Lantern join the caped crusader and Robin to face off against Lex Luthor and The Joker. As with all LEGO games, everything is in LEGO style animation.



Coming to DS this week is Pokemon Conquest. This game takes Pokemon to a new place with a play system similar to that of  Final Fantasy Tactics. Your Pokemon strengthen as your bond with them grows as well.



Last of the new stuff, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor comes to Xbox360 Kinect. You control your guns with the controller but you can body gestures to start your engine and interact with your tank crew.



In other gaming news, the Diablo 3 real money auction house is live. Thus far it will cost you around $3000 (that's real money) to outfit your character in the best gear available. Also, the Xbox Live app for iPhone and iPad now lets you play movies, start games, and launch apps from your console via your smart phone.

And that about does it, I won't be gaming much this weekend as I'll be in California for a radio conference but I'll be back next week with more gaming goodies. Until then, get out there and get your game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment