Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Episode 39: Madden Holiday 2013

I hang my head in gamer shame each week when I start this blog and realize it's been another week since I've played ANYTHING! Summer is just too busy for me to play because I can't just play for a minute and move on, I'm a gamer. I need hours to get into my games. Fall is coming tho but we'll worry about that later, now... time for new stuff!

The biggest release this week is obviously Madden NFL 13 on Xbox360, PS3, Wii, and Vita. Calvin Johnson of the Lions is gracing the cover this year (beware the Madden Curse!). Kinect will allow you to control the line of scrimmage by voice and you'll also be able to control your career from your smart phones.


In an attempt to revive the dying music games genre, Rock Band Blitz lands on Xbox360 and PS3 as a downloadable. Instead of using instruments this time, you play with a regular controller. Doesn't sound exciting to me and I actually enjoyed Rock Band and Guitar Hero games.


Mass Effect 3: Leviathan hits this week and is the first expansion for single player campaign adding details about the Reapers origins and new characters, weapons, and upgrades.


Guild Wars 2 brings a new twist to classic PC MMO gaming this week. The story changes based on player's actions and it's free to play after purchasing the game!


Playstation is getting 3 big collections this week: God of War Saga will feature all 5 games remastered into one HD collection. Ratchet & Clank Collection will feature all 3 games in HD and Infamous Collection will have both games in HD.

And that about wraps it up for this week, still a lot of big games coming as the holiday season gets ever closer. Hopefully I'll find a minute to play SOMETHING. Until next time, get out there and get your game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment