Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Episode 55: Lucky 13

It's a week late but... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope everyone had a great, game-filled holiday. Up until Xmas I spent most of my game time pounding away at Diablo 3. Finally got my Witch Doctor to Hell difficulty which has been a ton of fun thus far.

For Xmas I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum from my girlfriend and have been ADDICTED! The game plays like a combination puzzle solver, hand-to-hand fighter, and RPG all rolled into one great game. The sequel, Arkham City, is also great from what I hear but I figured it made more sense to play the original first.

Also for Xmas, my little brother got me World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and a 2 month game card. I haven't played WoW since just after the Cataclysm first happened so I never actually got to play the Goblin or Worgen races or check out the new areas they opened up. I know World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is also out there but my plan is to get to the level max on Cataclysm and play with the new races THEN I'll pick up Mists of Pandaria and make a Pandaren Monk and go from there.

Also in the past few weeks, I've discovered that Trade It (a chain of pawn shops) has some random "diamond in the rough" games from time to time. In the past 2 weeks I picked up Blue Dragon and Darksiders for less than $5 each! I know both are several years old but I played each briefly when they were new and never finished them so now I have them whenever I want to get around to wrapping them up.

Being right after the holidays, not really any new games rolling out at the moment BUT I found a really cool list at ArcadeSushi.com of the 25 Best NES Games and I pretty much agree with all of them:


1.)  "Super Mario Bros. 3"

2.)  "The Legend of Zelda"

3.)  "Castlevania 3:  Dracula's Curse"

4.)  "Metroid"

5.)  "Contra"

6.)  "Super Mario Bros."

7.)  "Mega Man 2"

8.)  "Bionic Commando"

9.)  "Punch-Out!!"

10.)  "Kid Icarus"

11.)  "Tetris"

12.)  "Final Fantasy"

13.)  "Castlevania"

14.)  "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link"

15.)  "Super Mario Bros. 2"

16.)  "Blaster Master"

17.)  "R.C. Pro-Am"

18.)  "Tecmo Bowl"

19.)  "Ninja Gaiden"

20.)  "Battletoads"

21.)  "Baseball Stars"

22.)  "Metal Gear"

23.)  "River City Ransom"

24.)  "Dragon Warrior"

25.)  "Ducktales"


Before I go I want to thank Dr. Pepper for making the Geek Speak possible this week. Buy a 20 oz bottle, look under the cap, and enter your code at DrPepper.com to receive a $10 off value for select EA Sports titles! 

And that wraps it up for this week. Until next time, get out there and get your game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment